There’s nothing better than a classic fresh cream cake, topped with fresh fruit for any celebration. This is recipe that has been adapted over the years and can be topped however you like. It’s perfect for a light Victoria sponge cake or top with chocolate, fruit or a bit of both. This 2 layered cake is really versatile and can be used as the base for a fondant icing cake for a special celebration birthday cake. Be it an anniversary, engagement, birthday or Christmas this is always a family favourite.
250g caster sugar
200g supreme sponge self raising flour
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
Few drops milk
Few drops warm water
3 medium eggs
2 x 7 inch round baking tins
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
Oven Temperature 180*C
- Pre heat oven to 180*C
- Whisk margarine and sugar until soft and light
- Add vanilla bean paste to butter/sugar
- Separate egg and whisk egg whites and then add to sugar/margarine mix.
- Whisk yellow of egg adding water and milk
- Fold in sieved flour to butter mix adding egg yellow in between