As a chocolate lover, it’s been impossible to find the perfect chocolate cupcake recipe. After years of searching I finally gave up. However lockdown has meant plenty of time to bake. 2020 wasn’t a complete right off, as I have made endless chocolate cupcakes and finally created a recipe for a Lindt chocolate cupcake that is deliciously chocolatey, moist and moreish. The best part is they are even great without lots of frosting.
125g self raising flour
125g golden caster sugar
50g dark brown muscovado sugar
50g unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon teaspoon salt
120ml cups warm water
40ml vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
150g Lindt 51% cooking chocolate
- Makes approximately 12cupcakes
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 17 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
1. Pre heat oven to 170 degree Celsius (fan oven).
2. Mix all the dry ingredients.
3. Add the wet ingredients and stir.
4. Cut up the Lindt chocolate into small pieces and add to mixture.
5. Divide mixture into 12 cupcake cases.
6. Bake for 17 minutes.
7. Cool on a rack for as long as you can resist.
We did this recipe for a festive Christmas afternoon tea with a simple snowflake icing.
We hope you enjoy making this recipe. Please do let us know how you get on with it.